That Is By Far Our Beloved Garlic Bread Recipe. It is The Excellent Side Dish For Any dinner, But Especially For Pasta And Dishes!
I really don’t know about you, but we’re big fans of bread, and generally have it as a side dish with most meals. When it’s rolls or garlic bread, then it is pretty much a basic for each family dinner since most of us love it.
It is easy because it actually takes only a couple of ingredients and a couple minutes to prepare. It always ends up so cheesy and buttery. Safe to say, it is our favourite garlic bread recipe and we’ve got it at least once each month, especially if we gather for Sunday dinner at grandma’s house for spaghetti or even lasagna.
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 c. creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1 loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar, mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 t. dried parsley
- Blend butter, garlic and salad dressing together in a small bowl.
- Place bread on a baking sheet, cut-side up.
- Spread butter mixture over both halves.
- Top with shredded cheese and parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice each half into 8 pieces; serve warm.
- Makes 16 servings.